Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Magic!!


(above: from the back 40)
Yay!! It's May. Overnight my little seedlings are pushing up through the dirt. Lettuce, snap peas, California poppies, wildflower beds in a sea of green!! Hip Hip Hooray... And now it's warm enough to transplant the starts. Soon I'll be able to plant warm weather veggies and flowers: nasturtiums, marigolds, tomatoes, peppers, bush beans, potatoes.

My sister is kindly sharing a space in her sun-filled garden with my mom and I. Mom is going to plant a couple rows of corn and I am going to plant my squash on the edge of it so it can share the space. Fun. I haven't gardened with my mom (or sister!) for at least 15 years. This will be fun. We're going to have a barbecue/ planting party. I'm also going to plant my potatos, and if there's room, my extra cherry tomatos and beefsteak tomatoes.

Today Sofia helped me plant a row of lavender along the unused, undecorated but sunny fence that borders "the back 40". She has her own watering can and does very well with it, for being two years old. :-) What a fun day!!

No comments: