Friday, May 16, 2008

Hoping Hot Will Perk Peppers





Above are my beautiful Mother's Day petunias, beautiful royal purple, my roses promising blooms, and the strawberries, sending off a runner there on the bottom right. Not sure what to do with the runner. Will it form another plant that I can cut off and plant?
The hot weather plants, peppers and tomatos, have been growing slowly so far. I'm hoping this heat we're having will kick off some better growth. We're starting to see some little weeds popping up around the beds. I've been pulling them, but now, because I'm not sure what the nasturtium seedlings will look like, I'm going to wait until I see them. The Columbine seeds have finally sprouted. Ahh...it took a long time.
The kids and I are going to plant Wild Sunflowers for the birds along the rest of the fence on the west side of our house. We recieved a kit for tracking and identifying birds. It included a survey to send in, as well as seeds, and information on taking care of birds. We're also going to add a bird bath in the back yard donated by mom. :-)


No comments: