Sunday, May 11, 2008

Best Mother's Day Ever




I had such a lovely Mother's Day weekend. Got to spend time with my sisters and Mom on Saturday, plant shopping (and hanging planters!) with Mom, very thoughtful handmade cards from my kids and husband, money for my porch swing fund, AND Patrick helped me dig the holes for our stepping stone path. Through solid, compact clay with gravel mixed in. It was tough work, but we got it done. YAY!! There is no way I could have finished it on my own in a number of days, not to mention one day. It's pretty amazing how much dirt we carted out. I'll take a picture of the back 40, where we put it. We packed in gravel and sand under each stone, and leveled them off.
Our home is surrounded by so many little plants now. I love it. Can't wait to see how they grow up. I have transplanted (and planted) most of my warm weather plants. My pea plants are coming up and looking perky. We have met more of our neighbors while working out in the yard, asking what we're growing and comparing notes on yards. The kids have also met more of the other kids who live nearby and have been enjoying playing outside with them. I love that doing this healthy thing, spending more time in our yard and growing our own food, is also connecting us with our community. It feels good.

No comments: