Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Madd Awesome Garden Girl

Before photos:














My sister Jo gave me the MAGG title since I have so enthusiastically leaped into gardening my very small back yard and home. I am a complete novice but enjoy every moment I spend outside learning about the earth and growing things. This blog will chronicle my adventure in learning how to be more self-sufficient and in touch with nature.

About a month ago I decided to stay home with my kids, ages two and four. To save money, be more self-sufficient, eat healthy and just to have fun, I decided to convert as much space around our home as possible for growing food, herbs and flowers. It has become an exciting challenge to see just how efficient we can be with our space. We have been growing seedlings (over 500 of them) and this week will be putting in 60 cubic feet of good gardening soil in our back yard and front porch planters. Posted above are the before pictures of our backyard, very small. We will be using the square foot gardening method to organize everything.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, woman! All your hard work will surely pay off! I'm excited to watch the progress of your gardens. Enjoy those tomatoes this summer!
The blog is awesome, too.