Thursday, April 24, 2008

Crazy Day

I am so immensely tired. I worked really hard today, first picking up the ingredients for the soil, then mixing it all together one tarp load at a time, then shoveling it into buckets and hauling it to the front of the house to fill the planters and the front beds. I was afraid I would get rained out so I actually ran part of the time when I was bringing the empty buckets back. After three hours of that, I lost steam and had to push pretty hard to wrap up for the day. I finished all the front beds and containers and got started on the back. Am 3/5ths of the way through the soil. (36 cubic feet). Tomorrow I will finish off the last 2/5ths, if I can move! Then I need to figure out what to plant where. I had it all drawn out but it doesn't seem quite right. All that planting space suddenly available feels overwhelming. And then there's this question: Will the plants actually grow and produce food? I can't believe it's going to happen. Like having a baby, you don't do very much, just provide good conditions and wait. It's amazing to me.

No comments: