Saturday, March 21, 2009

Images of Spring At My House






Photo 1: I need to look up what these bushes are, but I'm so glad to have them in front of our house. They flower in spring and summer and have a soft trailing branches in a pretty green yellow through the fall.
Photo 2: Fava Bean Survivors! These fava beans weathered our unusually snowy winter and are blossoming. Yay!!
Photo 3: Heal All. I used this medicinal herb as one of my winter ground covers and am now indecisive about what to do with it. It can be invasive in wet ground (which I have) so I should take it all out NOW but it's an amazingly useful herb to use. As a tea it can help with a range of internal ailments from sore throats to liver healing. You can apply a solution of it to clear up pink eye and irritated allergy eye problems and a paste to help wounds. I want to grow some of it. I'll probably choose one spot to grow it and take the rest out.
Photo 4: My first tulip!! The tulips are all very short so far. My daffodils are tall but the tulips are almost at ground level. Hmmm.. too much clay perhaps?

No comments: