Thursday, February 19, 2009

It Begins Again!




Above are broccoli (rapini), tomatos, eggplant (not sprouting yet) and lettuce. I started this broccoli under the lights from the beginning and the brocolli below I started on the kitchen counter for the first three days. Just three days and the second batch is taller and skinnier with much smaller leaves. I'm going to have to get a few more lights.


I had to start my AeroGarden seedstarter under flourescent lights (top) because there is a problem with the base of the aerogarden and it won't work. I didn't purchase it directly from AeroGarden but from an on-line store, but AeroGarden is sending me a replacement base quickly (fingers crossed). I purchased two 4ft shop lights and cool light bulbs for them at Lowe's for under $30. Patrick helped me set them up. I have a space for them in the garage but it's a touch too cold so I have them in my closet. This works well but it feels a little funny growing seedlings in an upstairs closet! What will the neighbors think? :-) This didn't occur to me until I was googling something for my AeroGarden and found some prominent marijuana references and then realized that from a distance down the alley, my grow lights could look funny. Yikes! Below is a picture of the closet set up.


No comments: