Sunday, February 22, 2015

Market Day Mashup

Going to the market makes a Saturday morning pleasure as often as we can manage it. My kids take turns accompanying me as a market assistant. They enjoy it and learn more about food and farming. It's fun to see the different foods they pick out. The Portland Farmers Market opens every Saturday all year long, and Beaverton also recently started a winter farmers market. We'll go exploring there soon!

A couple treats from yesterdays market:

Oh My! A nutella filled croissant from Fresson, a german bakery in Portland. It makes me happy just thinking about this little pocket of lusciousness. You have to go early because they sometimes run out.


My sweet boy took me completely by surprise this week. He told me he needed to do something on his own and would catch up with me. When he found me he handed me this bouquet of daffodils.

Our haul for this week:
Decided to splurge and buy the big half gallon of raw honey. Lot's of greens, leeks, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, eggs, carrots, fennel, cabbage, goat cheese, a brie type cheese, honey sticks and pretzels from Fresson, plus yummy frozen soup from our favorite soup lady at Souper Natural. We love the tomato basil and this week are trying the potato bacon cheddar and caribbean stew.

I'll close with another sign of spring:

The tulip trees are budding!

No comments: