Thursday, July 3, 2008

July and the Monster Squash



Tomorrow is the 4th of July and my tomatoes and squash have gone gargantuan in the last couple weeks. I've had to tie up my three biggest monster cherry tomatoes as they have outgrown their tomato cages and pulled them up out of the ground with them. I never imagined them growing as big as they are. My wildflowers are up and delightful. I'll try to get a good picture of them soon. Every couple days there is a new kind of flower blooming throughout the patch. Fun.
At this point I should be getting my fall seeds started. I feel so overwhelmed with how huge everything is at the moment, I'm not sure what to do next. Especially what to do for a winter crop. I'd like to put something in to protect the ground over the winter, particularly in the back, but I want it to look good and be good for the soil. Still working that out....

No comments: